- The Thuringian Diabetic Association (regd. association) (Diabetiker Thueringen e.V.) regularly informs the general public, people with diabetes and its members about general as well as our own publications regarding medical and social law news and innovations.
- State Diabetes Conferences, weekend family camps, health fairs and prevention events are held regularly in Thuringia.
- We provide referrals to diabetes-friendly leisure and sports activities.
- We offer counselling Mondays to Fridays 9 am - 1 pm at our head office and online.
- Interested individuals can be trained as 'diabetes guides'. These guides are able to guide people with diabetes and their relatives safely through the 'jungle' of health care providers and provide them with relevant information.
- You can access a list of guides on our homepage under 'Counselling' ('Beratung').
- We offer advice and assistance for coping with everyday life with diabetes through our ca. 60 self-help groups (SHG) and family circles. You can access a contact list on the homepage under 'Counselling' ('Beratung').
- The Thuringian Diabetic Association (regd. association) (Diabetiker Thueringen e.V.) offers support for establishing self-help groups of different age cohorts.
- Because of the connection of SHGs to the more manageable scope of the local residential area, these groups often provide a local forum for practical support with everyday life (e. g. who knows a good doctor around here?). As cooperating doctors and other specialist professionals often also participate in the group meetings, these also provide an opportunity for exchange on specialist topics.
- Group leaders are regularly offered further training in order to ensure that self-help groups are conducted at a high standard.